Sunday, June 10, 2012

San Diego Potters' Guild Spring Sale - "It's On"!!!



Hello All,

It's on right now...so, "Run, Don't Walk" to Spanish Village Art Center, located at 1770 Village Place in Balboa Park for this spectacular biannual event.  The San Diego Potters' Guild Spring Sale is running through today, June 10, 2012 on the patio.  As usual, it includes some of the best clay and porcelain art pieces you will ever see.  You can't miss it!

I ran by yesterday, and immediately gravitated to my friend, Nan Coffin's setup.  She has the most amazing sense of coloring and the "less is more" touch that I love in pottery.  I was looking for egg cups for my morning "soft cooked" eggs, and I just fell in love with her new color schemes. So pristene and bright they are, in her combinations of white, seafoam green and gold.  Just take a look at these lovelies.


                                                    "Bowls" by Nan Coffin
                                                    IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED


As you know, there are many talented ceramists with wonderful pieces in this show each time.  We all have our favorites, of course.  Julie Brown and Rick Hernandez are always at the top of my list, but this year, Nan won hands down for my tastes.  Now if I can just get her to make those egg cups in this season's colors.  Oh well, time will tell.  But, for now, I'll settle for drooling over this lidded vessel.


                                                  "Vase with lid" by Nan Coffin
                                                  IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED


Got to run now.  I want to get down there before the sale ends.  I'll be back with the nitty gritty on how the show went a bit later.  See you all there!



Written and posted by Cassandra Shepard, Studio 32
All images, text and content copyrighted, 2012, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...